It all started with “A man and a woman in a van (to say nothing of the dog)”. All aboard the little Falkor, a 2005 Hymer with extraordinary qualities, a sort of cross between van, semi-integrated and motorhome 5 meters and 45 centimeters long.
Paolo, Marilù and Yoda were the protagonists of this blog until May 2022. Then the events of life reduced the crew to a man and a dog. But life goes on and the journey as well.
The blog was born to tell you how and why we decided to become fulltimer, with the aim and ambition of being a starting point for those who want to make a radical change in their lives. The choice was not easy, but I hope with this testimony to be able to give you some useful elements to think over.
Since then (it was May 30, 2019) the “journey” hasn’t been easy: first our difficulties to disconnect us from a job that required physical presence, then the pandemic with its lockdowns, and finally the forced stop for health problems…
But now that Yoda and I have come back to the road, I will continue to try to tell you about the tools that allow me to live in a small van: vehicles, accessories, places…
All starting from less than six meters: the ideal size, in my opinion, to be able to enjoy freedom. A larger vehicle would certainly be more comfortable, but stopping at the threshold of six meters means being able to get where with larger motorhomes or vans you can’t.
If you want to better understand how this adventure was born, you can find everything in the section Blog, but if you have little time and you want a “summary”, I suggest you to read these posts in chronological order (Our history in brief):
- A project called Itineris, December 15, 2017
- Two converging stories, January 2, 2018
- Ella & John, before it’s too late, February 4, 2018
- Love at first sight named Falkor, February 10, 2018
- If a small motorhome looks like a big “Tardis”, February 12, 2018
- The energy shock, March 30, 2018
- Silence and meditation, November 3, 2018
- The decision is made!, November 12, 2018
- Into the dark (before the light?), February 19, 2019
- The customization of Falkor, May 21, 2019
- Technically fulltimer!, May 30, 2019
- The big day has arrived, June 4, 2019
- Marilù has reached her destination, but the journey continues: goodbye, incredible woman!, May 14, 2022
- To resume living as a fulltimer or to regain roots? While I think about it, I’ll come back on the road with Yoda…, August 4, 2022
If you want to find out what we think about the products we use, read the Test section
If you like plein air and compact vehicles, read the Plein Air World section
And this is our van: TEST – Hymer Exsis SG (2005, on Fiat Ducato 15 2.3l/110 HP)
Enjoy the reading!
© 2021 seimetri.it – If you want to leave a comment on this article, you can do it on our Facebook page