- REGION: Veneto
- ADDRESS: Viale A. De Gasperi
- OPENING: annual
- GPS COORDINATES: 45.758237, 11.730905
- SERVICES: loading and unloading, electricity, automatic machines for snacks and drinks, shuttle bus to and from the center of Bassano
- COST FOR 24 HOURS: € 10
- AVAILABLE PLACES: 17 (12 on asphalt, 5 on dirt)
- DISTANCE FROM THE CENTER OR THE TOURIST LOCATION: 900 meters from the historic center
- SURFACE: asphalt and dirt road
- SEPARATE WASTE COLLECTION: no
- DATE OF VISIT: April 12, 2022
- AUTHOR OF THE VISIT: Seimetri.it
April 15, 2022 – Bassano del Grappa can be a surprise for the traveling tourist. Its historic village is worth a visit: between narrow streets, the two magnificent central squares (Garibaldi and Libertà) and the historic Ponte Vecchio (also known as Ponte degli Alpini) on the Brenta river, it seems to be in another era. Too bad only for the vehicular traffic, probably of the residents, which is sometimes a bit annoying.
Finding parking outside the holidays period is not complicated, but if you want a quiet stop and with all the services you can go to the Gerosa car park, a part of which has been equipped for the parking of motorhomes. Not too far from the center, it is served by a shuttle bus with a frequency of about 10 minutes for those who do not want to walk the little kilometer that separates it from the historic center.
The area for loading and unloading is convenient: it has a fairly sized steel tank, also suitable for nautical toilets, while the cassettes can be emptied into the special column. Only annoying was the fact that the water pressure at the time of our visit was low (it took some time to load), and that the tap need to be constantly pressed, which forces one into an awkward position until the tank is not full.
The stalls are not huge and perhaps a little too close together. To have shade you will have to be patient: the trees planted in recent years still have to grow quite a bit! Check-in and check-out are automated, with the column (a bit slow) which, however, also accepts card payments.
©2022 seimetri.it – If you want to leave a comment on this article, you can do it on our Facebook page